Following the return of Jenine and Paige to novo (southend and hockley respectively), Callum Haggar has rejoined the novo southend team as a cutting specialist. Following his apprenticeship at novo, Callum worked briefly as a barber but, realising his passion was for both male and female hairdressing, he completed education with both L’Oreal and Vidal Sassoon and is now working with Novo as a Cutting and Barbering Specialist.
to save 25% off your first visit to Callum, quote CALLUM25 when calling to arrange your appointment.
The time has flashed by since our cutting expert ‘Paige Chadwick’ left Novo southend to go travelling, and after 9 months away (and some incredible adventures later), Paige is returning, but this time to our Hockley salon.
Paige had a loyal following of fans/clients at the Southend salon that will be thrilled to learn that she’s back, but also the lucky people of Hockley will now get the chance to sample her exceptional cutting skills and also her individual touch with hair colouring. Furthermore, if you book before the end of October and quote ‘Paige25’ when booking, you’ll benefit from a 25% saving on your first appointment with Paige – what’s not to love!
novo has vacancies for two Senior Stylists at the Southend salon. This is an incredible opportunity to join the novo team and take your career (and clientele) to a whole new level!
The successful applicants can achieve earnings of £35K plus, a company pension, benefit from ongoing training and personal development, as well as the opportunity to enter the most prestigious awards in the industry (novo has made the finals in both the L’Oréal Professionnel Colour Trophy and British Hairdressing Business Awards).
Applicants should be client-service focused, skilled in cutting both ladies and men’s hair and be a great team player. But don’t just take our word for it, here’s what our Colour Expert, Abbie Crane has to say about how her career has developed since joining novo in April 2016… “We have great team camaraderie, plenty of career-enhancing training opportunities and we are encouraged to express our individuality and bring our own unique style to the salon”.
Abbie is now a much sought after member of our Southend team and has recently won through to the regional final of the L’Oreal Colour Trophy. Join her and the rest of the Southend team by sending your CV to email@example.com or call Kevin Franks (in confidence) on 07876 702307.
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, it’s time to pull out all the stops! Whether you have a hot date lined up, romantic dinner with your loved one or just feel like a little ‘pick-me-up’, make sure your hair says ‘BE MINE’ with this gorgeous package…
• Luxury deep conditioning treatment.
• Blow dry of your choice.
• Glass of bubbly.
The ‘Valentine’s Blow Dry Package’ costs only £35 and is available from Monday, 13 – Friday, 17 February 2017. To book, please call 01702 866006 and quote #LoveIsInTheHair.
The ‘novo talent club’ is designed for people who wish to explore their interest in the hairdressing sector and to experience first-hand working alongside the fun and creative novo team.
Each Monday between 5-6pm, the ‘Level 1’ inspired tutoring course will help you gain an insight into the industry, develop useful basic skills and learn relevant background knowledge.
On completion of the 6 week course (which costs only £30), you will receive a COMPLIMENTARY haircut! We are seeking applicants with a passion for hair, a strong work ethic and the drive to succeed – with the unrivalled opportunity of being offered a position as an assistant or a ‘Saturday helper’ at the end of the course!
If you are interested in signing up for this amazing opportunity, please email Angela on firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s that time of year again when the big January detox is upon us….
Christmas and New Year partying tends to take a toll on our hair. We are all guilty of drinking the odd glass of wine (or three) and perhaps reaching for our lovely new GHD’s a bit too often during the festive season. The New Year is a great time to refresh your look and get healthier, more gorgeous hair for 2017!
These resolutions are worth making and NOT breaking…
1. Try limiting the use of heated styling appliances – too much heat can dehydrate the hair.
2. Treat your hair to a nourishing treatment once a week – you do it for your skin… it’s time to give your hair the same TLC. We have a vast range available (please speak to your Stylist).
3. Regular trims are essential. The most effective way to keep your hair healthy is to get rid of those dry ends.
4. Rehydrate your hair by drinking plenty of water (your skin will thank you also).
5. It’s important to use either Olaplex or L’Oréal SMARTBOND during a colour treatment: both are scientifically-developed treatments that work on hair condition from within.
6. Always use a heat protector when styling your hair – they do what they say and ‘protect your hair from heat’.
If your hair isn’t healthy, you can’t have beautiful hair. Kevin Franks (Brand Director) explains… “The biggest trend that you want to be on top of in 2017 is healthy hair. If the hair is healthy it’s going to perform better, give you more shine, bounce and ‘touchability’ – all elements that are going to form an ideal foundation, which is essential for long-lasting style”.
The Christmas party season is upon us; a time when our hair needs to look its very best despite the toll of the harsh winter weather. To help you sparkle this season, Emma Fisher, Senior Stylist at novo Hockley, shares her top six tips…
1. It is essential to invest in a moisturising shampoo and conditioner such as the Kérastase Fluidealiste range to add more moisture to the hair during winter months.
2. Include a hair mask such as the Kérastase Discipline Maskeratine into your weekly hair care routine. Leave it in overnight if you can and always remember to towel dry your hair first to rid of any excess water.
3. Kérastase Elixir Ultime is a great range of products enriched with beautifying oils – moisturising the hair instantly. Make sure the oil is not too heavy for your hair type. Ask your hair stylist who can recommend a light version.
4. During the winter months we tend to use heated appliances more. Too much heat on the hair can cause further moisture loss, so by adding a little extra effort into your blow dry, this will cut down the amount of times you will apply heat to your hair.
5. If you do use heated appliances frequently, the best way to keep your hair in the best shape is to use a good quality heat protectant such as the Kérastase Ciment Thermique blow dry milk.
6. Regular trims are essential and the most effective way to keep your hair healthy.
Could this be the end of bad hair days this winter… Quite possibly?!
Meet Lily Cousins… an 8 year old girl from Leigh-on-Sea who chose to cut off her golden locks and donate it to the Little Princess Trust – a Charity that provides real wigs, free of charge, for the less fortunate children suffering with Cancer or Alopecia.
Lily’s Mum explains… “I am so very proud of Lily. She absolutely loves her beautiful, golden hair and this is a very brave thing for her to want to do. She saw the Charity advertised many months ago and has been planning this and growing her hair ever since. She was determined that she would give another little girl, who hasn’t got any hair, the opportunity to have long, golden hair too”!
We have so much admiration for courageous Lily and novo Southend are absolutely delighted to be part of such a brave and generous commitment… If you would like to sponsor her, please visit her Just Giving Page – ‘Lily Cousins – Little Princess Trust Fundraiser’ or use the following link… https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Roman-Cousins
Cut by Jessica Hayden.
Our outstanding stylist Jessica Hayden won both ‘The Photographic Final’ and the ‘Special Achievement’ Award today at the Central Training Group and Joshua Galvin Annual Awards 2016… so a DOUBLE CELEBRATION!
Many congrats Jess from the novo team! xx
Pick up your copy of the August Edition of Essex Life Magazine to see the most wonderful review from the Beauty Editor on the Olaplex treatment she received at novo: the wonder product that ACTUALLY fixes damaged hair.
We are offering all clients 10% discount when you book this treatment throughout August. Quote #EssexLife to receive your discount or for more information please call 01702 391001.